Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Zippered Box Pouch Tutorial

Last year I posted a quilted zipper wristlet tutorial which has been very popular.  I've also received pictures and emails from dozens of you who turned that wristlet into a coin purse, cosmetic bag, diaper & wipes bag, etc.  You also requested a box version of the zippered pouch and I've finally delivered!


If you are a newbie and dread any project that requires a zipper... don't! This is really easy to make and I designed my video tutorial especially thorough just for you!  The video is over 13 minutes long but trust me.... I walk you through every step!  Just grab your supplies, laptop/iPad and make it alongside me.

To complete this box pouch you'll need:
- 2 fabric pieces measuring 14" x 15"
- 1 batting piece measuring ~15" x 16"
- One 12 zipper
- Pins or Lapel Stick
- coordinating thread
- rotary cutter + mat + rulers
- sewing machine with zipper foot attachment

When you finish yours upload a picture to my Facebook page so we can see your cute little box pouch! We have at least five of these in my house already.  My son loves the one I made for him to keep his markers and crayons in. What are you going to use yours for?








This week Crafty Gemini followers can register for any Craftsy course at 50%-70% off! Tons of courses for sewists, quilters, knitters, bakers, cooks, woodworkers, etc.  


 
01 09 10